Not good from Chelsea.
"In the last three official games we have finished with nine or 10 men".
39' - GOAL! Chelsea 0-2 Burnley.
After beating Tottenham to the Premier League title last season, the Blues can expect a fired up performance from their London rivals in their temporary Wembley home next Sunday.
Burnley hit the post with a free-kick and the match ended with yet another surge from Chelsea who had run out of time to complete their fightback.
Sam Vokes put Burnley up 1- after 24 minutes.
After a one-two with the excellent Jack Cork, Ward strode onto the return pass and let fly with a rasping left-foot shot that flew into the top-right corner.
Vokes' second goal came just before the half as he found himself unmarked in the centre of the goal and flashed a header beyond the despairing Courtois.
"Did we expect this situation?"
Conte gave new signing Alvaro Morata his debut and one of the Spain striker's first involvements was to be clattered by Ben Mee, whose hard tackle earned a yellow card.
David Silva fed Sergio Aguero to run through and beat goalkeeper Mathew Ryan and five minutes later Lewis Dunk headed Fernandinho's cross into his own net.
Liverpool were denied a winning start as Miguel Britos claimed a contentious stoppage-time leveller to earn Watford a 3-3 draw at Vicarage Road.
It was a dispiriting afternoon for Conte, who won the title in his first season at the club but has complained that Chelsea have not signed enough new players while allowing several to leave.
"The equaliser was offside. He needs to see it", said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp. The composure of the Chelsea players disappeared for the remainder of a half that will not be quickly forgotten.
When we got the first goal, the belief grew and you could feel it in the stadium as well.
Sean Dyche is a fervent anti-diving campaigner, but the Clarets chief has always drawn a line between blatant cheating and gamesmanship, an art his side haven't mastered so far in their time in the top flight. I want to win.
Late goals from substitutes Aaron Ramsey and Olivier Giroud earned Arsenal a 4-3 win over Leicester in Friday's frantic opening game.
- Libres 13 policías colombianos investigados por crimen de docente en Cali
- Presidente chino pide a Trump que baje su tono ante crisis
- Lille de Marcelo Bielsa sufrió dura derrota en un insólito partido
- "Es un día de fiesta para la democracia" — Rodríguez Larreta
- Recibe Ricardo Monreal apoyo en Consejo Estatal de Morena
- Dramático relato del periodista Luis Otero sobre lo que atravesó su hijo
- El atleta colombiano Eider Arévalo se consagró campeón mundial de marcha
- Desarticulan banda que mató a 9 en Huehuetlán, Puebla
- Rafa Márquez emite mensaje y niega acusación del gobierno de Estados Unidos
- Macri emitió el voto en un colegio de Palermo