The giant Swede was then released by the Old Trafford club following the injury but has continued his rehabilitation at United's AON training complex and, according to reports yesterday, is in negotiations to sign a new deal with the club, which would kick in at the beginning of 2018. Journal Media does not control and is not responsible for the content of external websites. However, the Spain international will certainly not come cheap given that he remains under contract at Barcelona for the next two seasons.
United may be judged against their neighbours, both over 90 minutes and nine months, as Mourinho looks to extend his 100-per-cent record in sophomore seasons. And if Ibrahimovic shows his ambitions ones more, he probably can be the best Serie A striker.
Mourinho has three new signings but he wanted four and, even when praising the club's business last week, he noted he could be happier.
In the back, United may be short of right-back options especially with Timothy Fosu-Mensah leaving on loan to Crystal Palace.
For now, Milan is looking for a good striker and they surely will aim at Zlatan. While certainly nothing to be ashamed of, the loss to the Champions of Europe underlined just how far Manchester United are from getting back to the elite stage they believe is theirs. Juan Mata and Anthony Martial too can fill in from the wings, while Rashford is a terror in a more central role.
"The other 25 percent (of the transfer targets) will be another player playing from the sides".
The transfer window spiralled out of control this summer and the £89m United paid to Juventus for Pogba last year all of a sudden looks decent value. "I understand the reality of the market, of the numbers". New faces had to settle in and the legacy players had to get used to the methods of their high-profile bosses. Major League Soccer's LA Galaxy have also been linked with the former Sweden captain, as well. He began against Real with an unfamiliar 3-5-2 formation and switched to his customary 4-2-3-1.
The manager has acknowledged that the 23-year-old is much better with the ball than without and this is a Manchester United team that has no problem in ceding the ball to the opposition. He is risk-adverse, a neutralising force who will demand clean sheets first and foremost and as many narrow victories as possible.
Ibrahimovic scored 17 Premier League goals last season.
- Atlas y la federación mexicana marcan distancia de Rafa Márquez
- Exreina Vanessa Mendoza acusa de racista a mesa directiva de la Cámara
- Wenger expects female managers in Premier League
- Activada alerta roja por Franklin en Puebla, Tlaxcala, Hidalgo y Veracruz
- Tomás González consigue bronce en el Panamericano
- MUD considera que regionales debe contar con apoyo internacional
- Gina Parody y Cecilia Álvarez, a declarar por caso Odebrecht
- Edson Álvarez preferiría fichar con Chivas
- Google Camera update brings double-tap to zoom feature
- Investigan muerte de modelo baleada tras persecución policial en Tolima