It is understood that Barcelona will prepare a £100m bid in order to tempt Liverpool to sell their Brazilian talisman, however, Liverpool hero Gerrard has insisted that his former club does not need to sell, according to the Mirror.
'From a financial standpoint, there is no price limit to let him go. That deal, worth around £150,000 (NZ$266,000) a week, does not include a release clause so they are under no obligation to sell, no matter the figure Barcelona come up with.
And Sky Sports News reporter Solhekol has confirmed that the Reds have no intention of cashing in on the Brazil international this summer.
"Today, no player on the planet is untouchable", Klopp noted, a subtle dig at Barcelona's inability to hold on to Neymar this summer, their second best player and arguably the second best player on the planet.
That appears to have softened the Merseyside club's stance from their original position of insisting their star player was not for sale.
Never far away over the last 12 months, Barcelona have now suddenly been very heavily linked with a move for Coutinho since Neymar's recent exit to Paris Saint-Germain.
It has been revealed, by the man himself, that the 25-year-old playmaker will be the star attraction on the box of the Brazilian version of the popular simulator game.
"The player wants to leave".
Liverpool are claimed to have rejected such a proposal.
Philippe Coutinho will find it difficult to turn down Barcelona and Liverpool will struggle to find a replacement, says Graeme Souness.
Barcelona had made an opening € 80 million bid, but their offer was rejected by Liverpool.
- Exreina Vanessa Mendoza acusa de racista a mesa directiva de la Cámara
- United hold talks over Ibrahimovic return
- MUD considera que regionales debe contar con apoyo internacional
- Shapovalov y su victoria sobre Nadal: "es como un sueño hecho realidad"
- Wenger expects female managers in Premier League
- Actividad industrial crece 0.1% en junio
- Google Camera update brings double-tap to zoom feature
- Edson Álvarez preferiría fichar con Chivas
- Qué les pasará a los que no voten en las PASO
- Gina Parody y Cecilia Álvarez, a declarar por caso Odebrecht