Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho still wants to sign two more players before the transfer window closes, with another bid for Inter Milan's Ivan Perisic on the cards, according to the Daily Mirror.
The Swede was officially released by the club in June after seeing his season - in which he claimed 28 goals - cut short by a knee ligament injury sustained against Anderlecht in April. "Why not wait for such a good player that gave us so much?" he said.
United have signed Romelu Lukaku from Everton for £75m but Mourinho is eager to add experience and depth to his squad, as United return to the Champions League for the first time since the 2015-16 season. Ibrahimovic will not continue with the Red Devils in the upcoming season and the Italian club are eager to snap up the former PSG man.
Nemanja Matic has said that the Premier League title is United's main target this season. If he does that right only then will he be a Mourinho player. Jovetic could return to his former club, Fiorentina, as long as the Nerazzurri are willing to pay part of his wages, but his most likely next destination is the south of France.
Sticking with The Sun and it is reported that Mesut Ozil is finally ready to put pen to paper on a new contract worth £225,000 a week.
Keep up to date with ALL the football news, gossip, transfers and goals on our club page plus fixtures, results and live match commentary. A dozen 24-hour networks devoted to Zlatan Ibrahimovic would not be sufficient. At the very least, the possibility is now real. Although Liverpool have been linked to him, Valencia have taken the most concrete steps to sign him.
- Dupla asegurada: Pavón y Benedetto renovaron sus contratos y elevaron sus cláusulas
- Tiburones confirma partido de esta noche en Copa MXA
- Así se venden las entradas para ver River en Salta
- La Federación Mexicana y Atlas le desean buena suerte a Rafa Márquez
- Recapturan a 'El Gordo René' en Mazatlán; escapó de NL
- 24,75% creció en julio la venta de autos usados
- ¿Llamará PGR a Julión para declarar?
- "En Cruz Azul estamos hartos de los memes" — Julio César Domínguez
- Carlos Menem podría participar de las elecciones generales
- Impulsan veto al reggaetón en escuelas de Coahuila