Pep Guardiola was quick to release Pablo Zabaleta, Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna at the end of last season, but getting in replacements has not been as straightforward as he hoped.
And the defender rumours just keep coming.
Bonucci's agent - already admitted that he and the player were working on securing a move away from Turin for the defender, and the Rossoneri have emerged as firm favourites to land the Italy international.
Blues manager Antonio Conte is hoping to take advantage of his solid relationship with his former club to secure the services of the defender.
As a result, after the final Juventus decided to let two "bad apples" leave, in Alves and Bonucci.
Bonucci's relationship with Allegri was never great, according to widespread reports.
With the rest of the locker room (Andrea Barzagli) also glaring at Bonucci, the Bianconeri are going to have to deal with an angry icon, but also the youngest member of the BBC.
"More problems have surfaced however, with Tottenham's bargaining position strengthened by Alves' decision in potential negotiations for Kyle Walker".
- Atentado suicida en Camerún dejó 15 fallecidos y 42 heridos
- Chelsea finalising €31m deal for Real Madrid's Danilo - report
- El dólar casi sin cambio cerró a 17,30 pesos
- Investigan desaparición de 12 venados cola blanca en Nuevo León
- Logra CNH licitar 100% de campos ofrecidos en la Ronda 2.3
- Niño mexicano vuela gracias a su agilidad mental
- Se producen graves incidentes en desalojo de Pepsico
- Vídeo: Un controlador evita el peor desastre aéreo en la historia
- Kevin Durant was in on Peyton Manning roast, report says — ESPY Awards
- Nuevo director de Batman rechaza guión de Ben Affleck