Manchester United have previously been mooted as potential suitors for Semedo, while Barca's need for a new right-back has been well publicised since Ernesto Valverde took over the managerial reins at the Camp Nou. Benfica teammates Ederson and Victor Lindelöf were sold earlier this summer, Seleção No. 9 André Silva left Porto for Milan and Sporting are widely expected to sell at least two of Adrien Silva, William Carvalho and Gelson Martins.
The 23-year-old made an immediate impact when handed his opportunity in the senior team at the start of the 2015/16 season following the controversial 'defection' of Maxi Pereira to Porto.
Barcelona said Semedo would undergo a medical on Friday after Spanish press reports said they had agreed to pay a transfer fee of 30 million euros (£26.4 million, $34.2 million).
Semedo, who joined Benfica from Sintrense, back in 2012, will leave Benfica after making sixty-three appearances for the club.
"He was a key player in Benfica's treble-winning campaign and in two seasons has played 63 games, scoring two goals in the Portuguese League and one more in the Champions League".
- Cristiano Ronaldo confirmó el embarazo de su novia con una foto
- NZ woman dies after standing too close to airliner on Caribbean island
- Los docente van a la justicia contra la Resolución de Vidal
- Milos Raonic the latest victim of Roger Federer's renaissance
- Ya es oficial: Gran Turismo Sport saldrá el 18 de octubre
- Tribunal Superior de Bogotá ordenó a Claudia López retractarse
- Floyd Mayweather admits training struggles ahead of bout — Mayweather vs McGregor
- Beyoncé presentó a sus mellizos en redes sociales y reveló sus nombres
- Forget Samsung, Google Pixel XL 2 will also feature Always On display
- Officiel : Daniel Alves s'engage avec le PSG jusqu'en 2019 !