CLEVELAND (92.3 the Fan) - Indians Manager Terry Francona underwent a cardiac ablation procedure Thursday at the Cleveland Clinic to correct an irregular heartbeat, the team announced Friday.
"The catheter delivers radio frequency energy to destroy these areas of heart tissue and the goal is to either cure or at least minimize the burden of the arrhythmia".
"Terry is resting comfortably after the cardiac procedure". As a result, he will not manage the All-Star Game for the American League. Rays manager Kevin Cash will also be part of the coaching staff for the midsummer classic. He will be discharged within the next few days and is expected to rejoin the Indians after the All-Star break on Friday, July 14. In the immediate aftermath of Francona's absence, the Indians lost the first two games of their three-game series with the Padres, winning the final game on Thursday.
Francona missed a game for chest pains last August in Washington, and last June was forced to leave a game early after suffering from a rapid heart rate and light-headedness, which were ruled as symptoms of dehydration. He earned the right to manage the AL squad in the 2017 All-Star Game when the Indians reached the World Series last season.
Francona left the Indians' dugout during the team's game against the Dodgers at Progressive Field on June 13.
Encarnacion was 4 for 5, including a leadoff homer in the fifth and an RBI double in the sixth.
- Así inició Peña Nieto su participación en Cumbre del G20
- Jérémy Mathieu convenció y fichó por Sporting Lisboa
- Mario Vargas Llosa habló de su relación con Gabriel García Márquez
- Coepris inicia operativo para verificar "productos milagro" en Michoacán
- Dirk Nowitzki and Mavs finalizing two-year deal
- Los Lakers buscan más estrellas
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game
- PPK planteará al Congreso esta semana un candidato para contralor
- Primera reunión Trump-Putin será este viernes en Hamburgo
- México apuesta por una frontera abierta: Chong