Stevens had a chance to spend some time with Thomas on Sunday as part of the Celtics contingent that met with free agent Gordon Hayward in Boston. "We didn't run around at all".
"He's got a follow-up with his doctor ... either next week or 10 days out from now to determine the next steps", Stevens said prior to Boston's summer league matchup against the Philadelphia 76ers. "But every indication is he feels good and he'll be ready to go". Everybody that I have talked to said it looked unlikely that they would need to [perform surgery]. "I'm not a doctor, just a coach".
According to a Celtics source, one of Thomas' ailments at the end of the season was a bone bruise, which requires a bit of time to heal and has slowed down the recovery process.
Thomas, who led the Eastern Conference in scoring last season, finished fifth in MVP voting and landed on the All-NBA second team.
He is entering the final year of a four-year, $27 million contract that will pay him $6.26 million this season.
- Chucky Lozano jugará con el número 11 en PSV
- Dustin Pedroia Made The Play of the MLB Season Last Night
- Plebiscito de la MUD no está contemplado en la Constitución — Escarrá
- Luciana Salazar enfureció contra Amalia Granata y le dedicó polémicos mensajes
- 5 players who can replace Luis Suarez at Barcelona
- Reapareció Óscar Pérez y pidió que siga la lucha por Venezuela
- MLB: Aoki allows 3 runs 1st major league mound appearance
- Jeff Horn upsets Manny Pacquiao in controversial decision
- David West will re-sign with Golden State Warriors
- NBA Rumors: Lakers Interested In Free-Agent Guard George Hill