The centre-forward, who will wear the number 11 shirt at Lyon, was with Madrid since 2011 and rose through the club's youth system to become part of the first-team squad in 2016-17.
The 23-year-old said in his message: As of yesterday, I am no longer a Real Madrid footballer player, the club I arrived at six years ago and the one that helped me to grow as a football and above all else, as a person.
The Ligue 1 giants also brought in Bertrand Traore from Chelsea earlier in the transfer window, suggesting they're preparing to lose their top scorer as big clubs circle this summer. I have the opportunity of proving my worth here.
"The goal is to overtake Paris Saint-Germain and go as far as possible in Europe". He flashed his talent in the Copa del Rey win over Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa last season, scoring a hat-trick in the second leg of the tie, but didn't see an increase in playing time afterward.
Mariano played 14 games and scored five goals for Real Madrid last season as he failed to establish himself as a regular for Zinedine Zidane's side.
- New TV spot for Marvel's Spider-Man animated series swings in
- A partir de hoy el salario mínimo aumentará a $270 mil
- Así fue el esperado matrimonio de Lionel Messi y Antonella Roccuzzo — CHILE
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Is Truly Spectacular
- Ron Darling questions training regimen as RHP Robert Gsellman hurts hammy
- Nats missing Turner, Grichuk back on track — LEADING OFF
- Griezmann, el mejor futbolista francés del 2016
- Los Lakers buscan más estrellas
- La historia real detrás de Molly’s Game
- Ventana de transferencia de enero: Real Madrid y Barcelona